Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Friday, January 16, 2009

No White Substances


B2B W2: 280/250, --**--

No, not that white substance, no, wait, I didn't mean it that way. Oh forget it! What I mean is no white flour, sugar, rice, or potatoes. No sugar at all.

I see the reasoning behind this, and indeed, I've witnessed it. The brown starches are more filling. They're not filling in a bloaty way. They are filling in a stick to the ribs way. Because of that, you don't need as much.

No white stuff is one of my criteria for an on plan day, but I'm having the hardest time with it. Every off plan day has been because of a small quantity of white stuff. I believe my mind is rebelling because it has a restriction. I've contemplated giving myself some flexibility with this requirement, but where does that end. I'm thinking about being able to trade 10 stairs for one white indulgence.

If it's just a matter of calories in must be fewer than calories out, I'm on track. However, for long term success, I want to change the types of food I eat. I want to, as a rule, eat wholesome, nourishing foods. I don't want 3 sugar free cookies to turn into pelau on Monday, roti on Tuesday, hamburger on Wednesday, pasta on Thursday, and sweet and sour chicken on Friday, just because I have the points for it. This behaviour is not sustainable.

So, the question is, how do I get my mind and my body in the habit of choosing wholesome, nourishing food 95% of the time?

2 comments:

  1. The WW meeting touched a little on this today. We should have some "flexible restraint" in our lifestyle. For me, this means eating brown rice most of the time and white rice some of the time. To give an example of what I do (and then just happened last night), I ate a 1/2 cup of brown rice and told myself that if I really wanted the white rice, I could have a 1/2 cup, which would keep me within my points. Well, halfway into the 1/2 cup serving of white rice, I was getting satisfied and threw the rest of it away.

    I just know you will discover a way that works for you, too. The hardest part, I think, and it may sound cliche, but it's true - you recognize it and you are dealing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and ha ha on the other white substance..that pic does kinda look like it, as far as I can tell from seeing it in movies.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.