Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's A Gal To Do?

B2B W3: 150/250, ****, 1/6 stairs

Wow! This stairs for starch program is working out really well. Last night I wanted 3 cookies, but I didn't have any stairs, so I just had almonds instead. I used the stairs on Monday evening for ice cream.

Yesterday, we had a snow day. The gym was closed. The great news was that I got a chance to watch the inauguration. I was so excited. I volunteered with the campaign and it was my life for 6 months. I didn't think I had any more excitement in me, but it was great to see the President say the difficult things and still work to knit the country and the world together. Amazing really!

This morning I trudged through some ice to get to the gym only to discover it was closed. I ended up dusting off my Walk Away the Pounds DVD. You know, it's interesting that I can do 45 minutes on the elliptical, but 15 minutes into the 3 mile DVD I was panting and complaining about my butt and groin muscles. It was a good reminder to mix it up and get different muscles engaged.

5 comments:

  1. Good reminder to mix things up. It's so easy, too, to get bored with one routine. I love your stairs for starch trade off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder to mix it up! I sometimes get into a rut of stairmaster day, then running day, repeat.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! Great perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay active lifestyles. Feel proud of yourself for getting your body off the couch and working out. Reflect how far you've come and embrace your body today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds to me like you're doing great! Mixing it up is not only good for the muscles...but it keeps your brain/motivation from getting bored too :)

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for cheering me on:-) I really appreciate it. It's one of the wonderful things about blogging.

    I apparently need to mix it up even more because the gym was closed again this morning. I'm going to need some workout DVDs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.