Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Eating a Cow


B2B W1: 225/250, ****_

Yesterday I was ravenous. For the whole day. I started off with Cheerios and soy milk. I had a cheese stick, then an apple, about an hour apart. By then it was 11. I was still hungry. I didn't get to lunch until 12:30 and I felt I could eat a cow. Luckily, a ham sandwich on wheat roll and baby carrots held my hunger at bay. I had another cheese stick mid afternoon. Then the hunger came back with a vengence.

I ended up eating buffalo wings, onion rings and popcorn shrimp for dinner. I just really wanted "real" food. I didn't want anything healthy as I had been eating that all day and I was hungry all day. Finally, I felt full.

Why is that?

It's 10 am as I write this and I'm feeling normal eating an apple for a mid morning snack. None of that eat everything in sight feeling I had yesterday. I wasn't bored or angry, hurt or tired. I wasn't sad. I felt good. It was real hunger and I couldn't seem to satiate it.

Oh, just to be clear. I ate my points (ate some flex), drank the water, ate the fruits and veggies, took the multivitamin. I also ate white flour which made it an off plan day. It's the stuff that encased the onions and the shrimp. I thought about letting it slide, but I wouldn't be completely honest then.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Those are great questions to ponder. Mostly, for me, I just want to look in the mirror and truly LIKE what I see. Is the B2B plan your own or one that's out 'there' somewhere? I like it! Maybe you were extra hungry because of added workouts and not enough protein? If I'm lacking protein I get hungry, craving, and the shakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it up. This 13 week challenge is just for me to get in the habit of exercising and staying on plan. I have an overall goal of 15,000 exercise minutes for the year. I wanted my challenge to be measurable and under my control. Having a weight goal has gotten me in trouble in the past.

    You're welcome to join :-)

    I ate the cheese stick to boost my protein thinking that was it. I may need more than that. I'll be experimenting this year, so we'll see.

    Thanks for stopping by, you were my very first comment!

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.