Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Endorphins Are The Best Drugs


B2B W2: 190/250, --**

A few months ago I forgot my keys at work. At the time, I was walking to and from work so I didn't need it to get into my car. I realized that I forgot them at the halfway point to my house. I could have walked back, but it was 15 minutes of hills. Then I would have to still walk 30 minutes to my house. I called a friend to pick me up so I could get them. That started the end of me walking to work.

Last night, I forgot my keys at work. I realized this morning when I needed them to get to the gym. I looked around a little. Realized I was starting to panic. Then I just said to myself, just walk around the neighborhood.

Ever since I realized that I ate the fried onion rings out of panic, I'm witnessing how I panic over a lot of things. Going to the grocery and seeing the bill at the end. Wanting to take more vacations, but not appearing to have the time.

When I went to Trinidad, on day 4 I felt this release around my chest that was a constant low grade anxiety I was harboring. Since then I've been trying to figure out what the heck is riding me so persistently?

I think it's these little panics.

After my walk this morning, I felt so energized and undauntable (if that's a word). The key thing just wasn't an issue. I wasn't panicked about it. I feel fueled and recharged, and, ironically, calm.

Exercise is the best drug in the world. Admittedly, I don't have much experience with drugs. Never smoked cigarettes or pot. No hard drugs. Not even daily coffee. Exercise clears my head and makes me high. It's like an upper and a downer all in one.

3 comments:

  1. What a great discovery! Exercise really is a great anti-anxiety drug.

    And if undauntable isn't a word, is sure should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree!!!! Oh, and look at your woman go on the ticker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great for anti-anxiety and anti-depression. Those endorphins pick me up so much. Exercising first thing in the morning gives my day perspective.

    She is something isn't she!

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.