Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Brute Force

B2B W2: 50/250, _

"Weight loss requires brute force." Those were the words affirmed by one of my co-workers. We were discussing my "diet" and exercise plan. She recently went on a fruit and vegatable "diet" to lose weight by, in her words, brute force. Except, during the holidays, in one week, she regained 6 pounds.

I prefer the axiom taught in this week's Weight Watcher's meeting: Keep It Simple and Sustainable. I really like the sustainable part. Sure the weight loss requires overwhelming force and diligence. However, if it's not sustainable, attaining my goal of losing half of me is overwhelming and tiresome. This is the overwhelming force part: tracking every point, cutting out particular foods, ensuring that I meet an exercise goal. The sustainable part: training myself to choose wholesome, nourishing foods, and being active as a part of my life.

I finished the week at 270 minutes. A real triumph for me! I ate flour on Wednesday and rice in sushi on Friday night. I took the stairs every opportunity I had except for 2 times. I was about to change the challenge and make it more complicated, but I'm not changing the challenge. It was becoming a slippery slope. It's a challenge, not a mind game. I am going to give myself one point for everytime I take a flight of stairs (up and down). I don't want the stairs to be an all or nothing.

Oh, and I lost 2.6 lbs this week.

Image by peter_w on stock.xchg.

2 comments:

  1. Great post and awesome job on the weight loss for this week. I'd love to see that number on my scale! You are so right about brute force and sustainable. I myself am trying to figure out the whole sustainable part right now in maintaining my weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LTer4ever, congratulations on getting to the maintenance stage. You are a beacon to me

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.