Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Thursday, January 15, 2009

That's Right I SAID It


B2B W2: 235/250, --**-

My goal weight is 135 lbs. There, I said it.

I hedged declaring a goal weight because I'm afraid I'm not going to make it. I tried so many times before. I made grand declarations. I tracked, and intuited. I counted calories, points, and food exchanges. I cut flour and sugar, and I also ate in moderation. I did cardio and I did strength training. I exercised in a gym, and did regular walks to work. I did group challenges and I prodded along alone. I tried all the combinations. Each time I lost some of the weight, 20, 30, even 40lbs, but I didn't go the distance. Each time I declared 135 lbs to be my goal.

What's going to be different this time?

I'm hoping that this time is different because I'm changing the way I eat.

I'm hoping that this time is different because exercise is going to be incorporated into my routine.

I'm hoping this time is different because I'm finally willing to make the "lifestyle" change.

It is going to require that I eat differently. It's going to require that I become active. Notice I didn't say "more" active. I need to become active. Exercise is now a requirement of my life. It always was. I just didn't see it that way. It is going to require that I change my thinking from exercise is something that's extra, to exercise is like taking a shower every day. It's just what I do. I'm going to have to change my mind about the foods I consider filling and comfortable. I'm even going to have to change what I consider hunger. I'm going to have to change it from the ravenous feeling to the oh-oh-we're-starting-to-run-low-on-fuel feeling. It is going to require that I change my paradigm about my body. I am going to have to start treating my body at least as well as I would treat a brand new car. I need to give it the fuel it needs.

The difference this time is that I know what it takes AND I'm willing to do it...at least, for today :-)

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, what a great post! Good for you for putting your goal out there. Sounds like you know what you want and how to get it. I'm rooting for you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for declaring a goal weight! My goal weight is 135 too!

    I started at 272.5 pounds. I'm down to 203 now, which is 69.5 pounds lost and over half way to my goal!

    Set yourself some mini goals along the way; it'll help keep you motivated.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.