Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Monday, January 26, 2009

Fear

B2B W4: 100/250, **, 5 stairs
B2B W3 WI: -1.4lbs
Total Weight Loss: -6.2lbs

From 2003 to present, I have undergone a series of life changes that rocked my self confidence to the core. Prior to 2003, I was an over-achiever. I would set big audacious goals and hit them right out of the park. My life was on track. (If there is a track.) Between September 11th and 2003, I had some crisis of conscience. I don't know what to really call it. After that, I started to question everything in my life and little by little (or humongous by humongous), I reconstructed my life. I quit my job. I got a divorce. I moved. I made a career move that pretty much insured that my "career" in that field is over.

In the process, I grew less and less sure of my decisions, and more and more afraid that I was screwing up my life big time. After a while, I dared not set any big audacious goals. It was as if I was rebuilding me. That's why my declaration of a weight goal is so important to me. It's why getting those stars and racking up the minutes is important. I am slowly regaining my confidence in myself.

I entered into a relationship late last year and this guy has not glimpsed the sure, confident person I was prior to 2003. He only knows the timid post-2003 girl.

I want my sure, bold, courageous self BACK!!! I am reclaiming me!

Photo by Daniel.

7 comments:

  1. Do you see me??? I am giving you a standing ovation over here!!!! You go claim that person back. You are sure, bold, and courageous!!!!! {{{clapping loudly}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU CAN claim that person back! Look at how much you've already been through and overcome?!?!

    Oh my goodness, you can achieve it all! You just have to have faith in yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right girl!!! CLAIM YOURSELF. Own that person and re-embrace her. You deserve to be yourself. It's as simple as that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see so much of myself in your post. The dates are different but still. I feel like I'm at a crossroads in life and while the career aspect isn't going the way I want I can put my focus on my weight and making those goals. Thank you for sharing this, I don't feel so alone in this anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!!

    Best wishes to you on your journey!
    *huggles*
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the confident you is getting closer every day to re-emerging. BTW -- I like our stairs for starch program. I'm going to do something similar, I think! Welcome to HYC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! You are the best cheerleaders. What an outpouring of love and support. I really appreciate all the cheers and confidence boosters.

    Scale Junkie, I am glad that I can offer something. It's always good to know that someone has been down the path. There is trail left for others to follow, even if it's not well lit. Thank you so much for hosting the Healthy You Challenge.

    Hi Felicia and Sherre:-) I'm waving.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.