Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mood, Uh, Scale Swing

B2B W12: 70/250, -**, 0 stairs
B2B W11 WI: +.2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: -13.0lbs
Current Weight: 258.8lbs

I'm in week 12, the second to last week of the challenge. I only have 10% to go to my exercise goal. Woohaa!!! I feel so accomplished and good about it.

I had a .2 gain last week. I ate every exercise and flex point - rather interesting actually. For the past 3 days, instead of focusing on the excitement and joy of getting to week 12 of the challenge and completing 90% of my goal, I fell into the soup of gain despair and annoyance. OVER POINT TWO POUNDS!!!!

Why do we do that? I said the words, "I'm not bringing in my tracker because body weight fluctuates for all sorts of reasons." Meanwhile my psyche went through the trained I don't give a F#@K response. What's that all about?

I know I'm doing well. My food is cleaner. I'm moving my body and loving it. I feel leaner and healthier. What is the deal with my mood swings that go with the number on the scale? Why go through the process?

4 comments:

  1. I, too, wonder why our weight determines how we feel that day. It shouldn't, but it certainly does. I know when I've eaten well and done what I'm supposed to do, I should feel very good about myself, and yet, if the scale doesn't move downward, I'm disappointed in myself. Years of disappointing behavior, I guess. At any rate, keep up the good work. You are making wonderful progress, and the work WILL pay off for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put away my scale and took it out this morning after like 3 days break. I feel like my mental health in regards to the scale is much healthier and saner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get you -- we let the scale influence us a little too much. Cheer up! Ditch the scale! Do what you're doing and feel proud of yourself for all the efforts and persistence :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all so right:-)

    Focus on the positive and there's so much positive to focus on. I'm loving my exercise and looking forward to pumping it up. I totally enjoy my food. I love nourishing my body and I love the feeling of energy zinging through me.

    The pounds are melting off. Like butter baby:-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.