Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Elongator

B2B W11: 125/250, ***, 6 stairs

Today, I discovered the ELONGATOR. This is a phenomenal machine. I was contemplating beginning yoga during this quarter's challenge because my body was screaming for some stretching. I was going kind of batty trying to figure out where to put it. Would I stop going to WW meetings and just do the online program so I could do hot yoga on Saturday morning? Could I take a class in the evening?

Well, when I went to my meeting on Saturday, I realized that I need the support of the meeting for now. I want to get those stars and hurrahs. I want to see what other people look like when they get their 10%. I like the ideas that I get from the meetings. One week someone said that they text themselves bravos and inspirational messages and when they feel like eating a house they look at the text. It's really good for me.

I considered going to the meeting, then going to hot yoga, but the timing was off. I also enjoy going to the gym on Saturday mornings with DBF.

And hell, saying that I'm going to do anything resembling exercise in the evening at this point is setting myself up for failure.

So today, I decided to tryout the contraption that I first saw in the ladies' locker room. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. It was just what I wanted and needed. Five to ten minutes of stretching that feels like I elongated my spine and my muscles. Now, I feel tall and lean (even if I am only 5'4" and weigh 258lbs :-).

Oh, and I did 65 minutes on the elliptical, incline 6 intensity 5. Here's looking at you Tony!

1 comment:

  1. Props to you for trying that out. I totally would have been intimidated by such a contraption. You are as tall and lean as you feel :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.