Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Friday, March 13, 2009

Victories!!!


B2B W10: 375/250, ******, 15 stairs

I RAN AROUND THE TRACK TODAY!!!

TWICE!!!

My pace for 45 minutes was 3.2 mph! For comparison, I usually do 2.9 mph.

I passed the Navy couple!

I didn't want to go to the gym and almost didn't. I even let myself out of it. Then, I thought about how energized and invigorated I feel when I go and I got dressed and got out of the house...IN THE RAIN!!!

I walked down the block and across the street. I ran up the stairs. I did a spectacular workout. I feel energized and invigorated.

Setting a small, easily achievable goal and meeting it is the best thing you can do for yourself on your weight loss journey. I have proven it true for myself. In the first weeks of this challenge I was so excited just to meet my goal. I proved to myself that I can indeed do it. I stopped beating myself up for failing because I was succeeding.

Today, I'm moving from not beating myself up to actually championing myself. I want to be my best coach. I am often my best critic. I tend to see my job as identifying my flaws and punishing myself for them before anyone else has the chance. I do this so I don't get blindsided. That is shifting in me. The best part is that every aspect of my life is benifitting from this new attitude.

Be your own best coach.

In other news, I'm rethinking what I'm going to do for the next challenge. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.