Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Veggies


B2B W8: 105/250, ***, 3 stairs

Man, I started getting sloppy. Ever since I stopped the stairs for starch program I stopped taking the stairs. This morning I reached a new level of intensity with the elliptical workout. Boy, did it count. I even started getting a little sloppy counting my points.

Yesterday Tony, the Anti-Jared, gave props to Jennette, the Pasta Queen, as one of his inspirations. They've both lost 200+ lbs. They're both keeping it off. And do you know what else they have in common...They both follow a South Beach type diet. I started tracking Jeannette way back in the day with my first serious weight loss attempts, and I recently started tracking Tony. I'm going to take a page out of their book and bulk up my veggies. This is also following Lyn's key yesterday.

Sure you will lose weight exercising like a maniac and/or reducing your portions. To keep it off though, the successful folks have changed what they eat fundamentally and movement is now a part of their life. They eat healthy, wholesome foods, not exclusively, but overwhelmingly. This is what I'm going for, long term health and well-being.

To that end, I'm going to up my veggie count for being on plan for every challenge. So by the end of the year I'll be eating at least 8 fruit/veggie servings a day. Getting fruit and veggies in automatically reduces the other food that I eat and, like exercise, it changes the quality of the other food I eat. I feel clean and lean. I can actually feel the vitality and energy of the blood coursing through my veins. It makes me want to eat better.

I also want to find a way to incorporate regular movement somehow in the challenge. Sure it's extra stairs there, but they feel really optional. At least with stairs for starch there was a reason to get more stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.