Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Exhausted and Hungry

B2B W8: 105/250, ****, 3 stairs

I feel exhausted...Sigh. I didn't get to the gym this morning because at 5:30 after going to the bathroom all I could do is go back under the covers to catch some more zzz's. I got enough hours of sleep. I just feel exhausted. So, I'm hitting the gym this evening. That might turn out for the best as there's a Zumba class I've been wanting to join forever. Today I get to check it out.

In the evenings, I feel exhausted and ravenous. I didn't do groceries this week and every day I say I'm going to the store and I don't. I don't cook either. Cooking is another key to my weight loss. If I cook 2 days a week I'm good. It's only 2 days, but it's food for 4 and the other days I choose healthy stuff at restaurants.

I'm not sure where the lethargy and hunger are coming from. They're not head things as far as I can tell. I just physically feel that way.

As I was writing this post I popped over to the Anti-Jared to read about his priorities and I was reminded again. I said earlier this week that I need more veggies. I know what happened yesterday. I ate white rice and brown sauce at the Chinese food place. Of course it was within points, but it was not healthy, wholesome food.

I've had 2 weeks of that mantra and it is not working. I was feeling energized and zippy before. Eating within points is one thing. It's quite another to eat WELL within points. That's the lasting part.

I'll say it again, I need to eat wholesome, healthy food. I can eat lots of wholesome, healthy, tasty food. When I eat white rice and white flour and sugar, I feel tired and hungry and it doesn't go away. It feeds on itself. I think I'm going to reinstate the stairs for starch program to develop that habit. I'll be able to eat the white stuff, but I'm going to have to limit it. A habit I need to develop to be healthy for life.

2 comments:

  1. You really seem to have such a grip on what you need to do to get ahead of the game! I wish I had such clarity when it came to my own personal struggles!

    Keep working hard. I know you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating well is a big key to your success. Way to go for recognizing it! Something that might help...instead of just saying you need to eat more veggies, say to yourself, "I do eat healthy foods including lots of vegetables. I choose to eat healthy nourishing foods." Just that small change has made a world of difference for me. When I say it to myself repeatedly it sticks, and I'm more likely to stay in a state of mind that keeps me moving towards my goals.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.