Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Can Eat A Lot of Food

B2B W13: 230/250, *****, 2 stairs

Yesterday, I had a veggie filled day. I started it with an apple and a cup of grapes. I had a portabello sandwich for lunch. At dinner, I had a spanaktopita (spinach filled pastry), a salad, and veggie lasagna.

Looking back on my food this morning, I realized that I can eat so much food. One of the things that tend to occupy my mind when I'm "on a diet" is all the stuff I CAN'T have, and all the quatities I CAN'T have, and all the flavors I CAN'T enjoy. Only this morning did it dawn on me all the food I CAN have, all the quantities I CAN have, and all the flavors I am being introduced to.

This is what I mean by a core shift in the way I view food - changes in my lexicon on what I think is satisfying, shifting my focus from all the ways I'm depriving myself to all the new, healthy ways in which I'm indulging myself.

I feel as if a boulder was removed from my stream of consciousness.

I actually CAN enjoy food. What a concept!

5 comments:

  1. You are exactly right! I think it's all there, in our point of view. With a shift of focus things can change so much.
    Reading your first paragraph, the food sounded yummy and I was thinking to myself "I better add more veggies to my meals today, like you are doing."
    Keep up the great work! And great workouts and positivity down there in your previous post too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the word CAN...so much nicer than the word can't :)

    Great job on focusing on the good words and finding great foods you can eat a TON of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how much GOOD food one CAN consume in a day, isn't it? I never realized that eating properly allowed for so much volume. Laying off the processed stuff in favor of the healthy stuff means more goodies on the plate. I love that!! Makes staying on the plan much easier. I seldom feel deprived anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got here from VRaz60's blog...I saw the title of your post and I had to see what you were talking about. Because this morning I was thinking that I sure eat a lot of food and I think some people would seriously doubt that I was trying to lose weight if they could see what I was eating. One of the things I am learning to do is add extra veggies. For instance, I'll make tuna salad with as many veggies and I think hubby will take, and then I take my portion and add even more veggies. Or if he really wants pasta, I make his, then replace most of my pasta with broccoli and zucchini. I am just getting started with this but it seems to be helping me with my portion control problem! Oh, and I really like the way you have your goals laid out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work chickie! You know, the less I eat of the "other" kind of food, the less I miss it. I always liked vegetables, but now I LOVE them and that's what I crave. Sure once in a while I jones for some chocolate, but when I get a hard core craving it's usually for a big crisp salad or some roasted broccoli with olive oil and garlic.

    :drool: OK now I have to go cook dinner...

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.