Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Taking a Pass

BBB W2: 150/300, 1/25 ST, 2 stairs

I am taking a pass on this week and will begin again on Saturday. I just wanted to say that out loud (or in pixels).

At this point in every year, my resolve unravels. I feel rebellious. I get physically sick with the pollen which develops into a cold. I get tired of the weather flipping back and forth. All I want is comfort food and sleep.

This time, instead of fighting it and beating myself up for it and telling myself that I'm a wus and a failure, I'm just going to give myself a break.

For two and a half weeks, I went from itchy eyes and skin to sneezing to stuffiness. I am finally in recovery. I'm at about 80%. I feel well again. By Saturday, I will be back to 100%.

Curiously, I really do want to exercise and run and lift weights and do yoga. I really, really want to. But in the morning, my head is in a fog and I just want to create a humidifier under the covers. It's worse than winter.

But...on Saturday, it's back in the swing of things:-)

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! Its so great you are realizing that its OK to listen to your body and take care of yourself. Mental health is JUST as important as physical health.

    Come Saturday you're gonna be fine and dandy and doing what you need to do. Enjoy your time off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, oh, boy, do I ever know what you mean about the allergy thing. I was fighting that battle at the end of last week up until yesterday. And this morning, I woke up totally stuffed again. Ugh, I HATE spring, and I HATE living in a valley.

    Have a good break. Get yourself better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I can sympathise as I have a stonking cold. I am at the undecided stage about whether to carry on or rest up.

    Good luck for feeling better on sataurday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we sometimes need to take a break and let our bodies recover from stuff. Hang in there. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking a break isn't a bad idea. I know how awful allergies in the spring (and fall) can be. It's almost as bad as having the flu....except allergies last longer. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.