Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Monday, April 6, 2009

Challenge!

BBB W1: 60/300, 1/35 ST, --*, 0 stairs

The Burn Baby Burn challenge has begun.

I've been working with allergies for about 10 days not. Finally, this weekend I succumbed. I did my first workout for BBB today and it was great as expected. Because of the pollen, I'm breathing heavier than usual and there's a bit of wheezing. I'm going to start taking Advair again. I'm going to have to watch it.

This is usually the time of year when things get sketchy. First, I'm dealing with the pollen and I don't feel 100%. Second, I lose interest. I've added the strength training and I'm working on running the laps to take care of the boredom issue.

I'm going to find a tiny notebook and take it to my workouts to keep track of the weights I'm lifting and the circuit I'm running. This morning I did 15lbs on tricep and bicep curls, 30lbs on overhead press, fly, and row, and 50lbs on the chest press. If I remember correctly. Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt 4 laps around the track, or 1 lap out of every 10 laps.

I didn't weigh in this weekend. I'm not sure where I'm going with this. This year is about forming healthy habits. When I set up the challenges, I said I would like to:
  • Lose at least 50lbs
  • Wear 38DD or smaller bra
  • Be able to shop at regular stores
  • Run a 5K
  • Hold the camel pose for 30 seconds
I'm down 13lbs and at 1lb/week I'll lose 50lbs for the year.

My bra is on the second hook and my boobs aren't overflowing from the cup. So my breasts are getting smaller.

I'm down to size 18/20 from 22-28.

I can run 3 times around the track and by the end of this challenge I'll be able to run 10 times around.

I don't know where I am on the camel pose, but I discovered the elongator during the last challenge.

Wow!!!! When I put it like that, I am making progress. I am getting healthier, fitter, and smaller.

Cool, anyway, as I was saying, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about weigh ins. I don't think I have to do much about it. I might just shift to weighing in at the gym on Friday morning without all the build up and fandango of the WW weigh in. I don't constantly check in on all the other "would likes", why do I feel like I have to constantly check in on the weight. It throws me off and I lose focus.

We'll see.

5 comments:

  1. I am weighing every day on the Beck diet because it is supposed to desensitize me. I have been doing it for a while now and have noticed that I can just write down my weight in the morning and move on, no matter what it says. That may not last though once I am actually dropping pounds.
    My first day went really well. I am going into this with a good "running" start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great progress that you're making! Great job on the sizing down and the improvement on fitness :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making awesome progress and great healthy changes! Good luck with your goals, they are good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're lifting heavy weights, that's great! My "want" list is EXACTLY the same as yours. Except I don't care about camel pose.

    I've been using a neti pot to help combat the pollen, I think it's helping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've got it in one... it's not the numbers on the scales, it's everything else... being able to go harder/longer, feeling better, fitting clothing better.

    Sounds like you're kicking butt ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.