Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Green Heebee GeeBees

BBB W2: 90/300, 1/25 ST, 2 stairs
BBB W1 WI: -1.2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: -14.0lbs
Current Weight: 257.8lbs

For 2 weeks I've been battling the green heebee geebees. I HATE spring. I grew up in a country with 2 season: wet season and dry season. I was introduced to spring in my mid-twenties. It is absolutely HORRIBLE.

I thought I escaped it this year, but 2 weeks ago my eyes were sealed shut from itching and watering. This week, the allergy effects have turned into a head cold. I only did 210 minutes this week. It was a huge struggle. I was at home 3 days. It's just too much.

In good news, I'm down 1.2 lbs. I didn't log my food at all last week and like I said above, only 210 minutes. Go figure! I did do something very different. I listened to my body and what I wanted to eat. At times I considered doing the draconian no whites again, but I generally ate well. I ate healthy, wholesome food. Lots of fruit and veggies. Rice and pasta in moderation. Lean meat. And a few not so sweet treats (custard, sugar-free cookies). Much less struggle, angst, and frustration, I was using that on the green stuff.

I've decided to scale back to 2 strength training workouts and I MUST stretch. My arms hurt for the entire week from that session on Monday.

8 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats on the 1.2 pounds. I'm so glad you are learning to listen to your body and doing what you think it needs!

    Keep working girl :) You're doing GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, the pollen is awful. I get sore/inflamed muscles from it, so working out in the spring is terrible. Have you tried Claritin, or a generic version? I find it cuts down the worst of the symptoms without side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your site is wonderful!
    i will enjoy reading it!
    XOXO Diet Diva!

    Please follow my blog too:
    http://dietdivafashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 1.2 lbs, that is awesome!

    Sorry about your allergies :( Spring is such a beautiful season, and you have to suffer through it, so not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome about the 1.2lbs. I think you're eating the way maintenance should work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, allergies stink! Hope you feel better soon. You are doing a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on listening to what your body wants to eat!! and the 1.2 lb loss too!!
    Yeah agree with stretching -- it's so important after workouts for "tissue repair" and alleviating muscle pain! I stretch a lot since I started working out too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the weight loss
    Sorry about the allergies :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.