Burn Baby Burn (04/04/09 - 07/03/09)

Thursday, May 7, 2009

300 Minute Goal Met

BBB W5: 345/300

YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I did it. I've exceeded my goal for the week. It's been 4 weeks in the making. I may even make it to 400 minutes this week! That would be so cool.

I love meeting my goals.

I love my morning walks.

This morning I was walking along when I noticed that it was overcast. The rain held up until I reached a spot with an overhang. Then it started sprinkling. I stood and watched. I asked what I should do and my brain out of fear (which sounded like reason) said, "Head home."

I've been doing some inside work to do the thing that feels good. I couldn't figure out exactly what would feel good so I went for the thing that would bring relief. I said I was going to head home and in that moment the clouds opened up and a deluge came down.

I said to myself, "Guess I'll wait."

When it finished up, I walked to the corner I wanted to walk to today and headed back home. The clouds and rain were ahead of me. If I'd headed home, I'd have been soaked and there was no cover in that direction except for trees.

Moral of the story: Ask for what you want, not how you think it should happen. What I really wanted was to stay dry. That could happen in a myriad of ways. I always tell my business owners and clients this and I get frustrated when they tell us how to do something.

Adding interest to the story, I woke up promptly this morning which put me ahead of schedule which afforded me the extra moments of watching the rain.

Life is so beautiful:-)

4 comments:

  1. Life is beautiful isn't it?? :) I am so proud of you! You are working hard and its paying off and you are finding true happiness in your success.

    Keep up all that hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 300!! Well done you!

    Glad you waited for the rain to pass as well, good idea.

    So - 400 is within reach - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you! What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that's a milestone if I ever heard of one. Congrats!! Life IS beautiful when your attitude is that positive. :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links WILL be deleted.

Copyright 2008 to present. Images from stock.xchng unless otherwise noted.